The ASCDI and its membership have developed and adopted a program to prevent an influx of counterfeit equipment in the technology supply chain. This on-going program is a partnership between the ASCDI, governmental organizations and manufacturers.
- Anti-Counterfeit Policy Overview
- Anti-Counterfeit Policies for Association and Members March 28, 2011 (Press Release)
- Association Anti-Counterfeit Policy (adopted by Association-Revised September 2012)
- Members Anti-Counterfeit Policy (each member must adopt and incorporate into their own company policies)
This is a collection of presentations and other information obtained by the ASCDI to inform the public and its members about issues pertaining to counterfeit. It is part of our on-going effort to protect buyers and sellers of technology equipment from acquiring non-authentic equipment.
MANUFACTURER COUNTERFEIT INFORMATION and INDICATORS
- Counterfeit fans
- Counterfeit fans duplicate serials
- Counterfeit fans hand-cut labels
- HP Counterfeit Indicator 793312-b21 Whole Server Components
- HP Counterfeit Indicator 775403-001 Heat Sink
- HP Counterfeit Indicator Heat Sink Part # 775403-001
- HP Counterfeit Information
- HP Counterfeit Evaluation Process
- CISCO Counterfeit Information
PRESENTATIONS AND OTHER INFORMATION ON COUNTERFEIT
The ASCDI is seeking input from our Members, Manufacturers, Governmental Authorities and the Public on our on-going efforts to protect buyers and sellers of IT equipment from buying non-authentic equipment. We are using this page to post working documents.
US Customs Support
The ASCDI serves on the Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations to US Customs and Border Protection (COAC) and has retained the counsel of two of the most renowned international customs Law Firms in the world. When you run into that import/export issue, please CONTACT US.
Many times, companies importing into the United States run into counterfeit equipment. The ASCDI/NATD’s goal is to eliminate counterfeit goods from the information technology marketplace. Counterfeit goods are causing havoc with the safe and sound conduct of public and private commerce throughout the world with the potential to cause great damage and harm to life and property. Accordingly, the ASCDI/NATD has adopted an Anti-Counterfeit Policy reflecting the dedication of all ASCDI/NATD Members to abide by the law and to maintain the highest level of integrity and responsibility toward their customers, the information technology industry and the public at large.
ASCDI/NATD Members have pledged to honor and abide by the Anti-Counterfeit Policy in order to eliminate or mitigate the impact of counterfeit information technology goods and to develop best practices and strategies aimed at identifying, inspecting, testing and properly disposing of counterfeit goods and to report encounters with counterfeit goods to law enforcement.