HP Counterfeit Indicators
HP Customer Notice Verification of Authentic HP Memory Modules
The modules below have been verified as counterfeit by HP on December 1, 2013
Part # — 500662-B21 qty= 1
Part # — 647899-B21 qty= 1
They were believed they were inauthentic because:
- See through HP security sticker on Dimm
- Does not turn pink under the fluorescent lighting
- paper on the back looks copied
- does not have the Check, HP, OK hologram on both packaging and/or dimm
- Calm shell is different
Images of the modules
Some 500658-b21 that were flagged as inauthentic. Reasons it was flagged;
- No change in color upon shifting modules under fluorescent lighting.
- Inconsistency in how the stickers were cut (i.e. sharp/round corners, wavy edges etc.)
- HP logo, security features, and print are flush with label. Not textured per authentic version.