New series offers gigabit throughput, intelligent application control and simplified management
Anaheim, California – June 11, 2014 – ZyXEL Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access, connected home and routing products, today introduced its new series of high-performance next-generation Unified Threat Management (UTM) systems. Delivering class leading firewall / VPN throughput, deep packet SSL inspection, sophisticated anti-malware protection and social networking control, the new UTM product line includes the Advanced Series (USG110, USG210 and USG310) and Performance Series (USG40, USG40W, USG60 and USG60W). The Advanced series is designed for SMBs with enterprise-class features for always-on network protection. The Performance Series, including wired and wireless UTM gateways, offers a truly integrated security solution for remote offices, retail locations and small businesses.
“ZyXEL’s new UTM line has tackled two major issues that SMBs are facing with security solutions: Maintaining high system throughput, even with security services turned on, and streamlining systems management with a simplified user interface. The new UTMs offers huge performance benefits, along with an innovative, integrated management interface that simplifies security provisioning for SMBs and solution providers,” said Steven Joe, executive vice president for channel business for Americas at ZyXEL. “In addition to the performance driven UTMs, ZyXEL has created a comprehensive solution package with security, warranty and technical support services offering unmatched profitability and recurring revenue to channel partners”
The new USG line is specifically designed for today’s SMBs and fitted with best-in-class performance characteristics. It also features deep, sophisticated anti-malware from industry-leading technology partners like Kaspersky, and granular social networking control with next-generation application intelligence.
Key features for new UTM series include:
- Gigabit throughput: Multi-core processer enables USG series to meet growing demand for high bandwidth applications
- Unified management interface: Completely redesigned management portal that consolidates all security policies in a single location to help resource-strapped SMBs enforce policies effortlessly. Unique to ZyXEL’s new USG line, the unified management interface offers single point of control for firewall, IDP, anti-virus, content filtering and application control – making it easy to set consistent policies for different user groups within an organization
- Application intelligence: Identifies, categorizes and controls over 3,000 social, gaming, productivity and other Web applications and behaviors to boost productivity and prevent bandwidth abuse
- Integrated WLAN controller: A WLAN controller is built into the USG gateway to meet the growing demand for secure Wi-Fi networks. The WLAN management component is closely integrated with security management to help SMBs quickly and effortlessly set-up a secure WLAN network. Additionally, the built-in WLAN controller offers businesses the ability to grow their Wi-Fi network along with the business
- SSL inspection: Provides deep packet inspection for SSL traffic
- High availability: Mission-critical network and VPN deployments get always-on connectivity by a three-tier high availability design—multi-WAN, VPN HA and device HA
Comprehensive Solution Bundle for Higher Channel Profitability
The new USG series will be available with a one year manufacturer’s warranty. An additional one to three year warranty will be available for a nominal price to customers and channel partners for resale. In addition, one to three years of fee based expert technical support will also be available from ZyXEL. Customers have frequently commended ZyXEL for its domestic team of skilled support engineers. The fee-based technical support is an economical way for resource-strapped SMBs and channel partners to off-load some of their IT responsibilities. The subscription-based security services, along with warranty and technical support services, offer authorized channel partners a comprehensive solution bundle for maximum recurring revenue.
Details on pricing for security services, warranties and technical support services can be obtained from www.zyxel.us/usg-services, or by contacting ZyXEL directly at 1.800.255.4101 or email@example.com.
The Advanced Series: Secure and Always Online Networking for Small- to Medium-sized Businesses
|Data Throughput Chart||USG110||USG210||USG310|
|Firewall||1.6 Gbps||1.9 Gbps||5 Gbps|
|VPN||400 Mbps||500 Mbps||650 Mbps|
|IDP||300 Mbps||350 Mbps||490 Mbps|
|AV||250 Mbps||300 Mbps||420 Mbps|
The Performance Series: Truly integrated security for remote offices, retail locations and small businesses
|Data Throughput Chart||USG40
USG40W (With 802.11n Wi-Fi )
USG60W (With 802.11n Wi-Fi )
|Firewall||400 Mbps||1 Gbps|
|VPN||100 Mbps||180 Mbps|
|IDP||55 Mbps||120 Mbps|
|AV||50 Mbps||90 Mbps|
Pricing and Availability
ZyXEL Advances and Performance series of UTMs are available now, through all ZyXEL authorized partners.
|Model Number||Hardware + I year licenses of security services including AV, IDP, Anti-Spam, Content Filtering||Unbundled Hardware|
|USG40||$420 MSRP||$320 MSRP|
|USG40W||$520 MSRP||$420 MSRP|
|USG60||$700 MSRP||$550 MSRP|
|USG60W||$800 MSRP||$650 MSRP|