IRVINE, Calif., June 10, 2014 ― Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced its new hybrid premises and cloud solution delivered via networking support among its on-premises IPedge® and Strata® CIX™ business telephone systems and VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution. With networking among Toshiba’s on-premises and cloud platforms, Toshiba’s users gain a robust solution that helps them reduce costs while enabling internal calling and advanced call processing features across their locations.
“Users of Toshiba’s premises-based IPedge and Strata CIX and cloud-based VIPedge business telephone solutions can now network their systems together for a fully integrated communications solution,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. “Networking together premises and cloud systems provide users with a robust hybrid business communication solution that helps users expand features and reduce costs while utilizing the deployment platforms of their choice.”
With this announcement, Toshiba now delivers a comprehensive single-vendor telephone, application, and SIP trunk solution for equipment and services across premises and cloud. Toshiba’s hybrid solution provides feature transparency and networked applications and minimizes interoperability issues that can occur when using a mix of equipment from different vendors and service providers. As well, existing users of Toshiba’s IPedge and Strata CIX systems can easily network with Toshiba’s VIPedge to add new users and locations with minimum upfront capital expense.
Unique Advantages of Toshiba’s Hybrid Premises + Cloud Solution
Users of Toshiba’s hybrid premises plus cloud solution gain many unique advantages across the network, regardless of whether the locations have Toshiba’s on-premises or cloud-based business telephone solutions. Benefits include:
- Toshiba’s internal dialing and IPMobility calling across the network;
- Advanced Call Processing feature transparency leveraging the same Toshiba IP networking across premises-based Strata CIX and IPedge and cloud-based VIPedge business telephone solutions; and
- Ability for installed base of Strata CTX and CIX users to upgrade processor and firmware as required and network to VIPedge to add new users and locations with minimum upfront capital expense.
Free Local and Long Distance Calling With Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP
When combined with Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service (SIP Trunking) for IPedge and Strata CIX, users are able to make free local and long distance calls among all their sites throughout the 48 continental states, regardless of the locations of Toshiba’s on-premises or cloud-based business telephone solutions.
Additional benefits of adding Toshiba’s SIP Trunking I-VoIP include:
- DID Failover Forwarding, which provides Toshiba’s service continuity so that even if the WAN connection to the premises system is down, inbound calls will be forwarded on a DID-by-DID basis to a pre-configured number, such as to a mobile phone number; and
- Roll-over Trunks, which allow calls to DIDs to be configured to roll over to a second Toshiba SIP Trunk, enabling calls to be handled by multiple sites.
To view Toshiba’s Hybrid Cloud infographic, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/multimedia/content/Hybrid-Cloud.cfm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visitwww.telecom.toshiba.com.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.