This is a major upgrade to our most popular course and manual. Fiber Optics 1-2-3 provides all of the knowledge and skills required to design, install, and maintain fiber optic communication systems
January 24, 2013 – Tukwila, WA – The Light Brigade has launched its most significant upgrade to its core course in Fiber Optics. Staying abreast of the latest innovations and changes in the industry, the Fiber Optics 1-2-3 course has been updated to feature the latest in fiber optic technology, products, and standards. The new manual contains twenty chapters and more than 470 pages that cover multimode and single-mode technologies from A to Z. It is considered the foremost technical primer and resource manual for anyone involved in fiber optics. Updates to the course and manual include:
- Multimode fiber technology featuring OM3, OM4, and bend insensitive fibers
- Restricted mode and encircled flux launch conditions
- Single-mode fiber technology, including G.652D, G.655, and G.657 fibers
- The newest termination products and techniques
- Up-to-date standards and specifications
- Fiber to the home, Ethernet, and the Internet protocol
- Expanded installation and optical testing content
- The latest active devices, including FTTx products
- In-depth information on passive devices such as optical switches and splitters
Starting in January, all Fiber Optics 1-2-3 courses will be taught to the new curriculum and manual. Former students can purchase the latest revision of this manual for $100 by ordering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Rev #W-13U.
The latest Light Brigade course information and class schedules can be found in the 2013 Light Brigade Training Catalog.