Women recognized nationally for leadership in IT and community involvement
Greenville, SC – June 11, 2014 – SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), a leading distributor of IT products and services, announced today that seven of its female executives have been named 2014 CRN Women of the Channel. Jeannette Carroll, Director of Commercial West Sales; Mary Ellen Grom, Vice President, U.S. Marketing; Denna Mensch, Vice President, Technology Solutions Marketing; April Petty, Senior Director, Field Account Executives; Sandi Stambaugh, Director, Product Management; Reyna Thompson, Vice President, Integrated Communications; and Cindy Ting, Vice President, Product Management, are recognized for their outstanding accomplishments over the past year and ongoing commitment to the IT channel. Mary Ellen Grom and Denna Mensch were also both named to the Power 100 List.
This year, the Power 100 list highlights female executives at vendor and distributor organizations whose insight and influence in their respective companies help drive channel success:
- Grom created a comprehensive marketing planning tool, Marketview 360, for manufacturer partners and product management teams. PROMOCentral, a mobile and desktop application for resellers, was also enhanced to include national vendor programs, rebates and incentives under Grom’s leadership.
- Mensch formalized the way SYNNEX’ Varnex community collaborates by establishing “Collaboration Circles” around verticals and technology practices. She also launched the new and enhanced Varnex website, which serves as an industry hub and information center allowing members to stay connected in between face-to-face events. She also designed a 24/7 searchable community portal for SYNNEX Varnex members to network, learn, partner and plan for growth.
The annual Women of the Channel list highlights the accomplishments of female executives within vendor, distribution, and solution provider organizations and the impact they are having on the advancement of the IT channel industry as a whole:
- Carroll grew business year-over-year in the midst of marketplace challenges by strategically diversifying her team’s sales approach. She led her team to engage more customers teaching them the value of selling various solutions practices and working with resellers to close large contracts in the SLED and federal spaces.
- Petty increased the number of SYNNEX Secret Sauce programs from 27 to 40 individual events across the U.S. and has implemented three customized tracks: regional, solutions-focused and vendor pavilion in an effort to cater to the unique needs of SYNNEX’ reseller base.
- Stambaugh built the strategy and infrastructure to support the expansion of SYNNEX’ VISUALSolv business to include Professional Audio and Physical Security. She also recruited and launched several key manufacturer partners to support the converging technology market and expansion of more SYNNEX resellers focusing on solution selling.
- Thompson achieved sustained high growth in the CONVERGESolv Secure Networking group that she manages. She continued to rapidly expand the group’s line card with key networking, security, communications and wireless LAN vendors.
- Ting and her team exceeded their expectations and goals by implementing growth programs in new focus areas, including flash-based components, successfully growing the category year-over-year.
“It is our privilege to acknowledge the exceptional achievements of the women in this year’s Power 100,” said Robert Faletra, CEO, The Channel Company. “We are committed to raising the visibility of the contributions of women in the channel, and we applaud the far-reaching influence of these executives who are defining today’s channel and helping to shape its future.”
“I am proud to call each of these women leaders within our organization,” said Peter Larocque, President, North America, Distribution, SYNNEX Corporation. “Their exceptional and forward-looking leadership abilities are evident in their continued workplace accomplishments, industry commitment and community-oriented acts of service. These women embody great leadership qualities and continue to help SYNNEX thrive and lead change in the IT industry.”
A special feature of the Women of the Channel is in the June issue of CRN magazine and expanded coverage of the Power 100 will be featured online at www.crn.com.
SYNNEX Corporation, a Fortune 500 corporation, is a leading business process services company, servicing resellers, retailers and original equipment manufacturers in multiple regions around the world. The Company provides services in IT distribution, supply chain management, contract assembly and global business services. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX employs approximately 49,000 full-time and part-time associates worldwide. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com.
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company is the channel community’s trusted authority for growth and innovation, with established brands including CRN, XChange Events, IPED, and SharedVue. For more than three decades, we have leveraged our proven and leading-edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.