BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share standings and preliminary analysis from its 2nd quarter 2012 (2Q12) Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment report, which tracks traditional PBX and KTS phone systems, IP PBX systems, voice over IP gateways, unified communications (UC) applications, and IP phones.
“The PBX market is down slightly on a global basis in 2Q12, both sequentially and year-over-year, and enterprises generally remain cautious with their spending on telephony equipment. However, sales of PBX systems in North America are up 5% from the previous quarter and up 6.4% from the year-ago 2nd quarter, and Latin America continues to be a small beacon of light as economies in the region experience growth and new business creation,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers adds: “While we still expect 2012 to eke out some growth compared to 2011, we have lowered our forecast slightly due to continued weakness in Europe, where many businesses continue to push off spending in an area where existing telephony solutions still get the job done.”
- In 2Q12, the enterprise PBX phone system market (TDM, hybrid, and pure IP PBXs) totaled $2.0 billion, down 2.6% from the previous quarter and down 1.4% from the year-ago 2nd quarter
- Cisco expanded its lead in the global PBX/KTS system market in 2Q12, with just over a quarter of global revenue
- Noteworthy vendors posting growth in the down quarter include Microsoft, Samsung, ShoreTel, and Mitel, all with double-digit sequential growth
- Enterprise telephony market segments showing growth on a year-over-year basis in 2Q12 include pure IP PBXs, unified communication applications, and IP phones
- On a quarter-over-quarter basis, VoIP gateway revenue is up 14.7%
Infonetics’ quarterly Enterprise Unified Communication, VoIP, and TDM Equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, analysis, and forecasts for the enterprise telephony market, including TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBX by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications (communicator, unified messaging), and IP deskphones and softphones. Companies tracked include Aastra, AudioCodes, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, IBM, LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, NET/Quintum, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens Enterprise, Toshiba, Vertical, and others.
To buy the report, contact Infonetics sales at http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.