IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 13, 2013 ― Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) has helped Paddock Chevrolet (www.PaddockChevrolet.com) exceed its communication goals with a new IPedge® business telephone system.
For more than 77 years, Paddock Chevrolet has been delivering quality Chevrolet vehicles to Western New York and beyond. Located north of Buffalo in the heart of Kenmore, New York, Paddock Chevrolet proudly serves Buffalo and Western New York Chevrolet customers with the largest selection of vehicles in the area. In fact, Paddock Chevrolet has been the largest passenger sales volume Chevrolet dealer in the nation for nine of the last 10 years.
Jeff Payne, CFO for Paddock Chevrolet, specified the dealership’s communications objectives, which include:
- Improving communication with the dealership’s existing and potential customers;
- Creating a feature-rich contact center with call reporting, call recording and call management applications to improve customer, agent and manager experiences;
- Providing Unified Messaging to deliver email, voice and fax messages to a single inbox;
- Enabling the IT team to handle some of its own system administration to save time and money; and
- Providing a reliable business telephone system that is affordable while delivering cutting-edge technology features with a fast return on investment.
Tony Corigliano, vice president of Authorized Toshiba Dealer AT Technology Inc. (www.ATTechnology.com), based in Tonawanda, New York, recommended Toshiba’s IPedge business telephone system. “We recommended IPedge because we knew it would exceed Paddock Chevrolet’s objectives,” he said.
Solution: Toshiba’s IPedge Delivers Affordable, Reliable IP Telephony
Installed and serviced by AT Technology Inc., Paddock Chevrolet’s new business telephone solution consists of:
- One IPedge EC system to cover four buildings across several city blocks;
- 100 Toshiba IP5000 series IP telephones;
- Plantronics headsets for contact center agents;
- Toshiba’s Call Manager™ unified communications solution;
- Toshiba Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) applications, which include TASKE reporting and OAISYS Tracer call recording;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email, voice and fax messages; and
- Enterprise Manager for simple, browser-based administration and remote management.
Result #1: Robust Contact Center With Unified Communications
Paddock Chevrolet has a contact center with one manager, Christine Gambacorta, who manages two queues (inbound sales and service) with approximately 20 agents. All incoming calls are answered live during business hours. Toshiba’s Call Manager unified communications solution provides customer information and allows agents to instant message with their team leaders and manager for support while they are on calls. It also enables Gambacorta to see real-time scrolling ACD data, such as the number of agents on calls, the number of calls in the queue, and agents who may need help. The TASKE contact center reporting solution enables her to quickly and easily run reports for analysis to determine best staffing plans and identify areas for improvement. OAISYS Tracer call recording allows Gambacorta to listen to live and recorded calls for training and best practices.
Result #2: Affordable, Richly Featured System Improves Communication
Toshiba’s IPedge met Paddock Chevrolet’s requirement for an affordable, richly featured business telephone system that helped improve communication both internally and externally. Unified Messaging helps users stay connected with all email, voice mail and faxes coming into a single inbox.
Result #3: Enterprise Manager for Browser-based, Remote Administration
With Toshiba’s browser-based Enterprise Manager, the IT manager can remotely make moves, adds, changes and global updates to all the IP telephones on the system quickly and easily.
Bottom Line: Toshiba’s IPedge Improves Communication While Delivering Significant Savings to Paddock Chevrolet
Toshiba’s IPedge IP business telephone system exceeded Paddock Chevrolet’s communications objectives, including greatly improving customer communication via its contact center while delivering a savings of more than $20,000 per year by replacing a poorly performing hosted system.
“Paddock Chevrolet is dedicated to its customers with the best service possible. Toshiba’s IPedge IP business telephone system has exceeded our expectations, helping us improve our customer communication with expanded contact center and unified communications capabilities, all with a cost savings of more than $20,000 per year,” said Payne.
Bottom-line benefits include:
- Smooth handling of 11,000 calls per month;
- Robust contact center solutions that have improved customer service agent staffing and the ability to track advertising successes;
- Time savings with unified messaging capabilities;
- Ability to add IP telephones and systems as the dealership continues to grow; and
- More than $20,000 in cost savings each year.
“With Toshiba’s IPedge, Paddock Chevrolet’s users are empowered to communicate more effectively, be more efficient, and have greater access to their customers, partners and each other,” added Corigliano.
IPedge Business Telephone System Overview
Toshiba’s IPedge business telephone system delivers multiple unified communications applications on a single Linux server, including call processing, voice mail, centralized system administration and other optional features such as unified messaging, Call Manager unified communications, meet-me conferencing with Web collaboration and video, native SIP line and SIP trunk support, mobility, networking with other IPedge and/or Strata® CIX™ systems, survivability, and feature-rich telephone endpoints. It also includes Toshiba’s IPMobility client application, delivering single-number reach to Apple® iOS and Android™ smartphone devices for both incoming and outgoing calls.
For more information on Toshiba’s IPedge, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/Products/IPedge-IP-Telephone-System.cfm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit www.telecom.toshiba.com.