Cloud-based Unified Communications (UC) provider, Alteva to Showcase its UC Solution for Law Firms at LegalTech West, May 22-23, in booth 426.
In the legal industry, effective communications are paramount. It’s important for all personnel – attorneys, paralegals, court clerks, etc. – to efficiently handle their demanding client base and manage the necessary functions required of their day-to-day business. Time constraints associated with tasks such as managing case files, subpoenas, and other matters, make it important to have the right technologies in place that will allow personnel to be accessible, anytime, anywhere.
Cloud-based technologies like Alteva’s UC solution help streamline legal practices and business operations in firms of any size, helping to reduce costs and minimize delays to assure faster interaction with anyone important to the organization, even if they are not physically at the same location. UC is a key technology for any firm striving to increase productivity and response time, as it improves office efficiencies and even enhances legal compliance in an organization.
Some benefits of the Alteva UC solution to law firms include:
• Remote Office Capabilities: Alteva’s Instant Messaging (IM) and Conferencing solutions provide a multitude of new ways to collaborate easily within a firm, regardless of where staff may be located – in a branch office, on the road or at the courthouse. Employees have access to email and customer information, can view and edit documents, manage calendars, and collaborate with coworkers as if they were still in the office.
• Mobility Phone Features: Alteva Anywhere, a fixed mobile convergence solution, enables users to make and receive calls from any location, with only one phone number, one dial plan and one voice mailbox. Having calls forwarded automatically no matter where they are allows the attorney to take important calls if needed and get access to important voicemails if they cannot pick up the call. This also frees up the paralegal or assistant from taking messages and allows them to focus on more critical tasks.
• Unified Messaging and Interactive Voice Response: Users will receive their voicemails as a .wav file in their email and can then listen to them directly by clicking on the file, and can also forward them by email or store them in client document files. With Alteva’s UC solution, firms enjoy the power of Voice-enabled Exchange, which provides the ability to schedule and change calendar appointments, listen to and manage emails and retrieve contacts via voice prompts from any phone.
• Call Recording and Reporting: Alteva Archive, Alteva’s integrated call recording product, is a vital resource to law offices. Recorded calls are accessed via a standard web browser, and it can be set up to automatically record and save all phone calls. Those recorded calls are converted into .mp3 files that can easily be saved electronically in client files or emailed to a colleague for transcription or other use. Alteva phone reporting features are extremely robust. General reports are included with phone service and special reports can be customized to meet specific needs.
• Auto Attendant: This feature of Alteva’s UC solution is a great way to have a virtual receptionist for the office 24/7. It greets callers and connects them to the appropriate extensions with an interactive voice response system.
LegalTech is the number one resource for law firms and legal departments to get hands-on practical information for improving their law practice management. For more information about Alteva’s UC solutions for law firms, be sure to visit Alteva in booth 426 or visit http://www.altevatel.com/forms/request.aspx?t=law.