January 25, 2023 – Itancia is starting 2023 with the acquisition of SINTEL IT, an Italian distributor specializing in cybersecurity and ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) solutions.
Finalized yesterday, this acquisition perfectly illustrates the development strategy led by the French Group specializing in communication, collaboration, network and corporate security technologies by enabling it to:
• Expand its cybersecurity offering,
• Develop its territorial anchorage internationally,
• Continue its growth to reach 890 employees and €350 million in revenue by 2025.
Thierry LE GOFF, CEO of Itancia Group
After a technical and logistics services company in 2021(1), this acquisition is a new step in the development of our Italian subsidiary, making it possible to meet to the technological challenges of cybersecurity for our customers.
An accelerated growth plan
Founded in 1991, the French company has continued to grow discreetly and efficiently for more than 30 years. The Group has 550 employees, 6 international subsidiaries and €220 million in turnover and manages to maintain constant growth (+50% over the last 5 years).
Among the objectives set, Itancia wishes to continue its internal and external growth curve to reach 890 employees and €350 million in turnover by 2025.
The acquisition of SINTEL IT, an Italian distributor specializing in cybersecurity and ICT solutions, is part of this ambitious development strategy.
The SINTEL Italy team therefore joins the Itancia group, which thus strengthens its roots in Italy and Southern Europe, and expands its range of cybersecurity offers(2).
Thomas LAMMENS, Southern Europe Director of the Itancia Group
Itancia’s structure and financial solidity will enable exponential growth of the Cybersecurity Business Unit. With the integration of SINTEL IT into our organization, we are acquiring strong skills and recognized brands…
Richard ANDREELLI, Sole Shareholder of SINTEL IT
Itancia is the ideal partner to continue what we created 15 years ago in the Italian market. Its dimension and its approach focused on value and services, fit perfectly into our vision. Our team and our customers will have a tremendous opportunity to grow…
Beyond this acquisition, Itancia plans for this year 2023 the deployment of new projects and tools designed to meet the economic, technological and ecological challenges facing its customers, first and foremost: a brand new e- B2B commerce: Store Itancia.
Scheduled for next summer, it will allow the Group’s customers to order all new or refurbished products from the Itancia catalog directly online, but also to feed their own web platforms in real time with enriched content.
This year, Itancia also intends to continue and further strengthen its presence with its customers through fair, responsible and global support ranging from the choice of new or refurbished technological solutions, to the management of their end of life, including their deployment, maintenance and use thanks to its 3 daughter brands.
Itancia thus wishes:
• Continue its development in the markets for the distribution of technological solutions, particularly in collaboration, unified communication, cybersecurity and data
• Strengthen the development of its decarbonization offers via its Itancia Again division and its large catalog of IT products in refurbished versions,
• Continue to be the key player in the circular economy by pursuing its commitment to the environment through concrete actions and faithful to the historical convictions of the Group.
(1) Itancia acquired in April 2021 TEKNEMA (Milan)
(2) SINTEL IT’s solutions portfolio currently includes Hornet Security, Altaro (now Hornet Security group), Stormshield, Vipre, Sangoma, AudioCodes, US Robotics…
An eco-responsible group specializing in communication, collaboration, network and enterprise security technologies, Itancia relies on 3 pillars of complementary activities, the mastery and combination of which offer unique advantages on the market:
• Itancia Again: activity with an ecological and historical mission of the Group with offers of refurbished and buy-back products to extend the life of products while supporting companies in reducing their environmental impact.
• Itancia Technology: distribution activity with innovative technological solutions adapted to each customer use with more than 70 leading brands in the catalog.
• Itancia Factory: service and consulting activity with tailor-made technical, logistical & industrial services upstream and downstream of technology park management projects.
• Certifications: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001, RSE ISO 26000 & gold medal Ecovadis 2021.
• Trophies: 2021 Gold Winner of the Growth Enterprise Summit.
About SINTEL IT
Sintel IT is a Value Added Distributor active on the Italian market for over 30 years with market leading technology partners in the field of VoIP (convergence of traditional and IP technologies, fax, video), unified communication, IT security security, optimization and management of IT networks. Every day, Sintel researches, tests, selects and markets products and solutions that to the needs of its customers, meeting strict criteria of quality and price. Sintel IT is based in Roma and has more than 350 active clients.