TCS to Deliver ISACA Certified Skills-based Training for Cybersecurity Professionals with Adaptive Performance-based Exams
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – September 28, 2015 – TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), today announced that its world leading Art of Exploitation® (AoE™) cybersecurity training group has been named as an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) for ISACA’s new Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) certification program. The CSX certification, which offers career progression training on cybersecurity incident first response, is the first to measure a cybersecurity professional’s knowledge and skills against a performance-based final exam. TCS’ Art of Exploitation® Training instructors will help professionals sharpen their cybersecurity first responder skills using learning tools and curriculum co-developed by TCS and ISACA. Earlier this year, TCS announced it is providing the AoE Training curriculum and PerformanScore® learning and development tool as the foundation for ISACA’s CSX certification program.
- The CSX program is specifically aligned with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Frameworks. CSX certifications are the only vendor-agnostic credentials to combine knowledge and skills-based training against a performance-based test.
- TCS’ AoE Training for the CSX program is delivered via cloud-based and on-site instruction.
- AoE Training is hosting a free webinar demonstration of the CSX Practitioner certification on Wednesday, September 30 at 2 p.m. (EDT). Registration is available on-line.
- For enrollment and course information on TCS’ CSX training, please visit: http://www.artofexploitation.com/csx_practitioner.aspx
- TCS’ AoE Training curriculum and instructors have taught advanced cybersecurity concepts to 12,000 government and enterprise professionals since 2009.
- As an ISACA ATO, TCS is addressing the global talent shortage for cybersecurity professionals.
- According to the State of Cybersecurity: Implications for 2015, a recently released study by ISACA and the RSA Conference, one in three organizations are unable to fill open cybersecurity positions.
- This same study found that less than half of organizations feel their current security teams can adequately detect and/or respond to complex cybersecurity incidents.
ISACA International President, Christos K. Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, said: “The global cybersecurity skills shortage is more than evident, and companies worldwide have an emerging need for skilled cyber professionals. ISACA is committed to helping close the skills gap by developing skills-based cybersecurity training and performance-based certification exams, and the ATOs, including TCS, are helping us accomplish this goal as global training providers.”
TCS Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Drew Morin, said: “As cybersecurity threats continue to spread, it is imperative that organizations have qualified personnel to detect, triage and eliminate these threats. ISACA’s comprehensive CSX program provides cybersecurity first responders with the knowledge, tools and hands-on training to protect and defend organizations against cyber threats. As an Authorized Training Organization for ISACA, TCS is fully committed in arming cybersecurity first responders with valuable, current and hands-on skills to address network incidents in the defense of our nation’s critical infrastructure.”
ISACA® (isaca.org) helps global professionals lead, adapt and assure trust in an evolving digital world by offering innovative and world-class knowledge, standards, networking, credentialing and career development. Established in 1969, ISACA is a global nonprofit association of 140,000 professionals in 180 countries. ISACA also offers the Cybersecurity Nexus™ (CSX), a holistic cybersecurity resource, and COBIT®, a business framework to govern enterprise technology.
About Art of Exploitation® (AoE™) Portfolio
The AoE portfolio safeguards networks against cybersecurity threats. AoE Training offers customized instruction in the fields of penetration testing, forensics, defense strategies, vulnerability analysis, software development and reverse engineering. In addition to our state-of-the-art training facility in Hanover, Maryland, our instructors provide training across the globe. AoE Services provide information assurance best practices, perform vulnerability assessments and investigate cyber malicious activity. AoE Labs conduct security testing and validation of application and software source code. AoE gathers the brightest minds in the cybersecurity realm for research, collaboration and development of industry leading technologies to protect critical networks. To learn more, visit http://www.artofexploitation.com.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS), headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, is a world leader in secure and highly reliable wireless communications. Our patented solutions, global presence, operational support and engineering talent enable 9-1-1, commercial location-based services and deployable wireless infrastructure; cybersecurity; defense and aerospace components; and applications for mobile location-based services and messaging. Our principal customers are wireless network operators, defense and public safety government agencies, and Fortune 150 enterprises requiring high reliability and security. Learn more at www.telecomsys.com.