Movistar Argentina implemented Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director to support Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) connectivity for its network infrastructure. The solution enables service providers to deliver trusted, first-class interactive communications services across internet protocol (IP) network borders.
- Oracle today announced that Movistar Argentina, a subsidiary of the Telefónica Group and one of the leading mobile service providers in Argentina, has deployed Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director session border controllers (SBCs) to help enable secure and reliable SIP-based communications.
- As telecommunications networks become more complex – with fixed line, mobile, next-generation and over-the-top (OTT) services often combined in one network – communications service providers (CSPs) need a sophisticated session border controller to help maintain a high-performing and secure network.
- Movistar Argentina implemented Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director to protect and control its network borders and SIP infrastructure. The solution helps Movistar Argentina enable secure and reliable communications by encrypting signaling and media flows, helping protect the operator’s infrastructure against malicious attacks and service overloads and providing load balancing and quality-of-service based routing functions.
- Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director helps Movistar Argentina simplify service deployment by enabling direct interoperability between the operator’s various SIP-based platforms, including softswitch, voicemail and communications services elements.
- The project extended the use of Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director technology within Movistar Argentina. The operator has been using Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director solutions for peering and session routing since 2008 and is well versed in the product’s functional and performance advantages.
- “Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director fully met all of our functional requirements. The solution’s comprehensive SIP normalization functions, extensive security features, and flexible routing capabilities allow us to implement high-quality SIP-based connections quickly and securely,” said Alejandro Javier Fernandez, core network design engineer, Movistar Argentina.
“With more than 19 million subscribers, Movistar Argentina is one of Argentina’s largest mobile service providers. Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director session delivery network solution allows Movistar Argentina to efficiently and cost-effectively evolve its network to keep pace with rapidly-expanding business demands,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.