Leading Wholesale Voice Solutions Provider Chooses Net-Net Session Director to Protect and Control a Range of Residential and Business VoIP Services
BEDFORD, MA–(Marketwire – Aug 28, 2012) – Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that IBBS, a leading provider of wholesale voice, data, and network services for mid-market cable and broadband providers, has chosen Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director session border controllers (SBCs) to protect, control, and scale its IP-enabled wholesale voice service offerings.
- Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director helps IBBS ensure the security, availability, and scalability of its wholesale residential line, business line, SIP trunking, and hosted PBX services.
- The solution enables straightforward integration with other VoIP infrastructure elements including BroadSoft VoIP application servers and Metaswitch media gateways, and enables IBBS and its service provider customers to offer support for a wide range of standards-based unified communications servers, IP-PBXs, and endpoints.
- The Net-Net Session Director overcomes scalability and performance constraints of IBBS’s legacy border control solution, and provides comprehensive load-balancing and dynamic session routing functions that enable IBBS to ensure high availability and service quality.
- The solution mitigates security risks by protecting against denial of service attacks, service overloads, and other service-impacting events.
- Rapid service deployment and customer turn-up
- Highly scalable, reliable, and secure services
- Single platform supports a wide array of VoIP services, network elements, and endpoints
“Service agility and reliability are paramount in the wholesale voice services market,” said Mark Hayes, vice president of CLEC operations, IBBS. “Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director SBC enables us to offer a wide variety of market-leading residential and business services that meet our customers’ stringent availability and time-to-market demands.”
“Today’s VoIP services market is extremely competitive,” said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asian Pacific Japan sales, Acme Packet. “With the Net-Net Session Director, IBBS can help cable operators and broadband service providers extend revenues and boost margins by launching innovative new services quickly and cost-effectively — without building out their own infrastructure.”