PALO ALTO, CA–(Marketwired – Sep 8, 2014) – HP (NYSE: HPQ) today introduced its most powerful Z Workstations, combining increased system expandability, higher-speed memory and multicore updates, as well as access to the latest technologies to help customers future-proof their investment in HP’s broadest workstation portfolio.
HP Z Desktops and HP ZBook Mobile Workstations are built to address the constraints of compute-intensive industries, including media and entertainment, graphic design, CAD, architecture, photography, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, scientific imaging, and oil and gas exploration. The new additions to the portfolio include:
- The new HP Z840, Z640 and Z440 desktop workstations feature the latest Intel® Xeon®(1) processor product family, and NVIDIA® and AMD professional graphics options.
- The new HP ZBook 15 G2 and 17 G2 Mobile Workstations take advantage of powerful processing, including optional Intel quad-core processors and NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™ professional graphics that are ISV-certified.
“Our unwavering commitment to professional customers, investments in technology and HP engineering Z DNA are the secret sauce that have led to exceeding the needs of the world’s most demanding customers,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “HP continues to invest in technology that allows our customers to push the limits of innovation when designing everything from running shoes to managing billions of dollars of tradable securities.”
HP Z Desktop Workstations
Adding to the market share-leading HP Z Workstation portfolio, the new HP Z Desktop Workstations offer availability of tested workstation applications from Adobe®, Autodesk, Avid, Dassault, ESRI, SolidWorks, Siemens and many others. The new line of HP Z Workstations embrace Thunderbolt™ 2(2) for faster throughput of large files, HP Z Turbo Drive to help eliminate storage bottlenecks, HP Performance Advisor(3) for system monitoring and HP Remote Graphics Software(4) for remote collaboration of graphics-rich applications. In addition to offering Microsoft Windows 7 or 8.1, HP offers broad coverage of Linux support — including Ubuntu.
With continued focus on performance, innovation and reliability, the three new HP Z Workstations offer a tool-less chassis, integrated handles and visually cable-less design to deliver radical ease of service, systemwide efficiency and superb expandability. To better address the New Style of IT, the workstations include a charging port for mobile devices, 14 percent faster DDR4 memory for improved application performance and BIOS enhancements to enable higher system performance and better security.
- Built for high-end computing and visualization, the dual-processor HP Z840 Workstation delivers outstanding performance, award-winning industrial design and tool-free serviceability in a highly expandable chassis. This superb system expandability provides seven expansion slots, up to 10 expansion bays, 16 memory slots and support for up to 2 TB of memory.(5)
- With up to 50 percent more discrete processor cores and 33 percent more memory, the HP Z640 Workstation packs significant computing and visualization power. With its innovative design, the HP Z640 Workstation’s tool-less chassis features integrated handles and a tool-free power supply providing a near-silent computing solution for space-constrained environments.
- The HP Z440 Workstation features professional expandability in an easily accessible, tool-free mini-tower form that includes a 100 percent increase in system memory compared to the HP Z420. The HP Z440 chassis was redesigned to best meet the needs of mainstream workstation customers, including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) that embed the HP Z440 in custom solutions.
HP ZBook Mobile Workstations
The new ZBook Mobile Workstations offer an innovative, easy-access door for tool-less removable hard drives. New drive options like the Z Turbo Drive and the fast connectivity of Thunderbolt 2 help increase the speed of creativity.
The full-performance HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation sports a thin design and offers a very-high-resolution 15-inch diagonal, 3,200 x 1,800 Quad-HD display. The HP ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation offers a vivid 17.3-inch diagonal optional HP DreamColor display for a consistent color experience throughout a workflow.
HP Power Up festival
To showcase the New Style of IT that workstations enable and highlight the power of HP Z Workstations, HP is hosting Power Up, a five-day celebration of creativity in New York City, Sept. 23-27. The festival will include innovative programming featuring some of the leading production houses, animation studios, music studios, architecture firms and more.
Price and availability
- The HP Z440, Z640 and Z840 Workstations are expected to be available worldwide beginning in late October. Estimated U.S. pricing starts at $1,299, $1,759 and $2,399, respectively.
- The HP ZBook 15 G2 and ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation are expected to be available worldwide in late September. Estimated U.S. pricing starts at $1,499 and $1,749, respectively.
More at www.hp.com